ISIR SUMMER SCHOOL 2019
Organized by the International Society for Inventory Research (ISIR) and hosted by the University KU Leuven, the 14th ISIR Summer School will be held in Leuven, Belgium from August 26th until August 30th , 2019. ISIR’s bi-annual Summer School aims to bring together PhD students and professors with a background in inventory management to discuss and improve their research. This year’s theme will revolve around “Logistics 4.0: Inventory management in a digital era”.
Industry 4.0, the Internet-of-Things or Smart Industry are only a few nicknames to describe our current digitalized economy, characterized by automation, communicating devices and the increased availability of data and computing power. New methodologies such as advanced data science and machine learning have found their way into various business applications such as self-driving cars, virtual assistants or improved fraud detection. But these techniques also have applications to improve inventory management. The impact of these (and other) innovative approaches on inventory management plays a central role in this year’s Summer School.
We welcome researchers that contribute to the development of innovative approaches within inventory management. We welcome any contribution which advances theoretical and applied inventory modelling and management.
Key research streams that will be included in the Summer School are (but not limited to):
- Forecasting for Inventory Management
- Inventory Management for Service Logistics
- Interface between Inventory Management and Transport & Logistics (Synchromodal Transport, Collaborative Shipping, etc.)
- Supply Chain Design and inventory management
- Technological and Business Interfaces to Inventory Management
- Inventory Management for Humanitarian Operations
- Supply Chain Risk Management
- Machine Learning for Inventory Management
- Supply Chain Dynamics
- Offshoring, Nearshoring and Dual Sourcing
- Inventory management for perishable goods
- Inventory management for sustainable supply chains
|March 30th, 2019||Deadline to apply for accommodation in student rooms (an abstract is expected to be submitted before applying to the dormitories).|
|April 30th, 2019||Deadline for submission of abstracts by Ph.D. students and deadline for application by senior researchers.|
|May 15th, 2019||Notification of acceptance.|
|June 15th, 2019||Deadline for registration (with payment) for both Ph.D. students and senior researchers.|
|June 30th, 2019||Deadline for submission of complete working papers by the Ph.D. students.|
More information: https://feb.kuleuven.be/drc/ISIR2019