Every two years the International Society for Inventory Research (ISIR) offers a Best Student Paper Award, usually in connection with the bi-annual symposium of the Society in Budapest. This year we have to postpone the event to 2021, but this competition will be organized nevertheless.
Papers will be judged based on their contribution to the advancement of inventory research. The papers may be thematically positioned under any of the current sections of the society:
- Economics of Inventory and Production,
- Analytics and Forecasting for Inventory Control,
- Interfaces of Inventory with Transportation, Production, Finance and Marketing,
- Inventory Coordination in Supply Chains (includes multi-echelon),
- Spare Parts Management and Maintenance Optimization and
- Sustainable Inventory Management (includes) perishables
and the selection will emphasise developments in theory and/or practice.
The Paper Award Committee will evaluate all papers and select three students as finalists. The finalists will present their work at a webinar organized by ISIR.
The winner of the award will receive a 500 Euro money prize and a framed certificate; the runners-up will each receive 200 Euro money prize and a framed certificate. All prizes will be announced and the prizes will be bank transferred in a week after the webinar. Certificates will be mailed.
The conditions for eligibility are the following. They are all mandatory.
- Entrants must be registered Research Students (MPhil, MRes, PhD etc) on the 1st of August of 2020 and the research must have been conducted during the student’s research degree.
- Entrants should not have obtained another PhD prior to their current research degree.
- The submitted paper must contain original work conducted primarily by the entrant and must be presented by him/her if selected for the webinar
- The paper may be co-authored by the research student’s advisor(s) only if the student is the main author and presenter of the work.
- The topic of the paper should fall within the scope of ISIR as currently demonstrated through its sections.
- The submission should contain one single document comprising:
– a title page, with affiliation related
information and contact details,
– details of the degree the student is studying for and information on his/her advisor(s);
– the actual paper, not exceeding 25 double spaced, size 12 letters, pages.
The document should be
submitted as a single Pdf file
Each entrant can only apply with one paper.
- Students express their interests in the competition to the ISIR Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org before June 15, 2020
- Students submit their full paper to the ISIR Secretariat at email@example.com according to the above guidelines before July 10, 2020.
- The Paper Award Committee evaluates the submissions and select the three best papers. Entrants will be informed about the decision before July 31, 2020.
- The finalists present their paper in a webinar on August 25, 2020.
|15 June 2020||Apply for the competition|
|10 July 2020||Full paper submission to the ISIR Secretariat|
|31 July 2020||Decision on the 3 finalists|
|25 August 2020||Presentation of the finalists|